Ford’s Colony Country Club
In the midst of their beautiful 3,000 acres, The Ford’s Colony Country Club stands poised on a hill, overlooking lush golf greens in every direction.
The club is complete with fabulous restaurants, meeting rooms for a hand of bridge or book group, gracious spaces for special events and meetings, a conference room for business meetings, an award-winning pro shop, locker rooms and more.
In an atmosphere of relaxed elegance, this is where you’ll gather again and again for good times with your friends and neighbors. As various awards attest, you can always expect a gracious, rewarding experience.
Swim & Tennis Clubs
Swimming at Ford’s Colony WilliamsburgEasily accessible to all residents, Ford’s Colony offers two unique swim and tennis clubs with superb facilities for you, your family and your visitors. Each club includes a junior Olympic pool, a children’s pool, Har-Tru clay or asphalt tennis courts and a fully furnished clubhouse for your comfort.
Ford’s Colony Achievements & Awards:
- Voted the Number One Master Plan in Continental U.S. by the American Resort Development Association.
- Selected as one of the “Top 20 Retirement Communities in America” by New Choices Magazine.
- Voted one of the “Top 20 Places to Semi-retire” by Golf Magazine.
- Featured in “The 50 Best Retirement Communities in America” by Fred & Alice Lee. Published by St. Martin’s Press, NY.
- Selected to Appear in the 99 Best Recreation/Residential Private Communities in America, by John Wiley and Sons Publishing, Inc.
- Selected as One of America’s 100 Best Master-Planned Communities, by Where to Retire Magazine
- Selected as One of the Top 50 Golf Communities, by Luxury Golf Homes
- First Place and National Finalist, from Take Pride in America
for outstanding effort on behalf of America’s public lands and natural and cultural resources. Awarded by the U.S. Department of Interior and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Voted Best Subdivision, by the Virginia Gazette Best of Williamsburg Survey.
- National Community Association Hall of Fame, by the Community Associations Institute for the Ford’s Colony Homeowner’s Association.
- Certificate of Excellence for conserving America’s natural and cultural resources. Awarded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Commendation for the preservation of endangered plants and species. Awarded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Commendation for protecting our natural resources. Awarded by the College of William and Mary.
- Commendation for preserving our historical resources. Awarded by the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.
- Successive Awards by Commonwealth of Virginia, Colonial Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Letter of Recognition from the Department of Interior (Fish and Wildlife Division) for Preservation of the Small Whorled Pogonia in 1987.
Ford’s Colony Homeowners’ Association (FCHOA): (757) 258-4230
All property owners automatically become a member of the Ford’s Colony Homeowners’ Association (FCHOA) upon purchasing their property within Ford’s Colony. It is an independent organization that operates from property owner fee assessments. FCHOA fees are billed quarterly and are assessed at the same rates for developed and undeveloped homesites. The fees cover the costs affiliated with the maintenance of the common areas, over 44 miles of streets, Ford’s Colony security operations, two swim and tennis facilities, and over 12 miles of paved fitness trails.
The Ford’s Colony Homeowners’ Association has been honored by the Community Association Institute (CAI) as National Community Association of the Year. The association manager and staff have been trained and certified by Community Association Institute. The manager has received the Professional Community Association Manager Certification in 1995, is an award winning faculty member for CAI, and is on the Board of Directors for the local CAI chapter. The FCHOA has been featured in CAI’s National Convention and Publications for its operations and programs.
Click here for the Ford’s Colony Williamsburg Homeowners’ Association Website. The Ford’s Colony Homeowners’ Association, Community Services, and Project Maintenance can be reached by calling (757) 258-4230. The Ford’s Colony Security Gate can be reached at (757) 258-4080.