When choosing a Realtor in the Williamsburg area to represent you in your sale of your home you want to hire some one that will stand by you every step of the way. After viewing your home a well rounded realtor like my self will find the most important first step is to determine what amount the current market conditions will allow you to ask for your property by conducting a thorough CMA (Competitive Market Analysis). In order to get the highest price in the shortest time, you will need to know how to market and stage your home.
The more you market your home the more buyers’ will come. In fact the offers will be stronger, which will in return give you the opportunity to choose the price and terms you want! The most important factor of marketing your home is pricing it right. After reviewing the CMA, appraisal and completing the home inspection references this will position your house at the top in a competitive market that it is today!
Tips to staging your home
- Exterior: Trim trees, prune shrubs, and make sure the lawn is mowed and watered regularly.
- Use your irrigation system before an open house to promote the landscaping.
- Keep the foyer clear of clutter.
- Angle one or two pieces of furniture in the living room.
- Bake cookies that leave a pleasant smell which will leave a lasting impression.
- Clear clutter from closets, bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Use plants to fill in empty spaces
- Have a professional steam clean the carpet.
- Power wash your home if is needs it!
- Set your dinning room table with attractive place mats, dishes, barware and steam ware.
- Hire a professional to clean all your windows inside and out.
- Touch up trim or paint if needed.